Wednesday, February 01, 2012


(pcworld)
Facebook's Timeline is coming, whether you like it or not, to Facebook accounts everywhere - including yours...

On the one hand, it's a lot easier to find things -- events, wall posts, etc, because you can now search your Facebook profile by date. On the other hand, it's much easier for other people--friends, strangers, you name it -- to find things, because they can now search your Facebook profile by date.

While it's true that you could technically see these posts before the introduction of Timeline, you would have had to do a lot more work. For example, in order to see my posts from 2006, you would have had to go to my Facebook profile, wait for the 20 or so most recent posts to load, and then click "Older posts" about…500 times. Honestly, if someone really wanted to see my posts from 2006 that badly, more power to them.

But now they can just see those posts by going to the right side of my profile and hitting 2006 -- and then choosing the month they want to see posts from. This convenient access to my info is little unnerving, in my opinion.

So here's how to fix that: Make Your Timeline Private
(more)